The successful candidate will discover, analyse and document client requirements for a variety of web, mobile and hardware solutions. This is a very active and exciting role that requires a passionate technologist looking for good career development opportunities within a fast-growing company.
At Intercept IP, we offer a unique working life. Join us and you’ll get the chance to take on exciting projects for an impressive list of clients, as well as helping with the development of our own in-house digital products. You’ll have the opportunity to get involved in cutting edge R&D initiatives, attend events on behalf of the company, and take part in training programs designed to help you learn and grow, whatever stage of your career you’re at.
We’re an eclectic and welcoming bunch, and we enjoy spending time together both in and outside of office hours through regular social events and our weekly breakfast club. We allow each one of our employees to dedicate a percentage of their time to R&D activity, and we provide a supportive and flexible working environment for our team of the brightest and best developers, testers, business analysts and project managers.
- Meeting with clients to understand their goals for new or existing products.
- Ensure the products being delivered are fit for purpose by clearly documenting suitable acceptance criteria which the developers can work too.
- Preparing product backlog items for developers to work on.
- Liaising with project managers and development teams to assist in their understanding of the product being delivered; acting as Product Owner or customer champion.
- Liaise with customer testing and project teams and helping with ad-hoc UAT testing, UX designing, etc.
- Ensuring releases are delivered on time to the required quality.
- Driving ongoing standards and best practices within the business.
Requirements – Essential
- Knowledge and experience of gathering product requirements across a range of projects and technologies
- Experience of producing and working with both detailed and high-level requirements, including:
- Breaking requirements down into structured themes, epics, and user stories, and working closely with developers to refine and estimate work.
- Drawing out user journey flows, process diagrams, and wireframes
- Succinctly capture high-level requirements for quotes, proposals, and statements of work
- Ability to act as product owner for some projects, including prioritizing backlog and assessing whether acceptance criteria have been met
- Raising and triangulating defects/bugs into priority order.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing, by phone, and in person.
- Willingness and ability to create and adapt to new technologies.
- Familiarity with agile methodology, and working with Scrum teams and individual developers/testers
- Confident leading workshops with clients and internal stakeholders to gather or refine requirements
Requirements – Desirable
- Experience of working in the telematics industry / with telematics platforms
- Familiarity with the Atlassian suite of tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) and online team comms/sharing technology (e.g. Slack and Microsoft Teams)
- Passion for new technologies, self-directed learning, and the ability to share and introduce new ideas into a team environment.
We are looking for a focused, logical, presentable person who is driven by truly understanding customers and wanting to provide a great user experience. You should be confident with the ability to deal with high caliber business professionals, possess good common sense and have an ability to work under pressure.
If you are keen on registering your interest for this role, please send a copy of your most up-to-date CV and a brief explanation to why you think you would be a good fit for our business to; Careers@interceptip.com