Senior Firmware / Embedded Engineer
Here at Intercept IP, due to further growth across our business, welcome the opportunity for a Talented, Skilled and equally Inquisitive Embedded Developer to join our team.
Here in Huddersfield, we offer a unique working life. Join us and you’ll get the chance to take on exciting projects for an impressive list of clients, as well as helping with the development of our own in-house digital products. You’ll have the opportunity to get involved in cutting edge R&D initiatives, attend events on behalf of the company, and take part in training programmes designed to help you learn and grow, whatever stage of your career you’re at.
We’re an eclectic and welcoming bunch, and we enjoy spending time together both in and outside of office hours through regular social events and our weekly breakfast club. We allow each one of our employees to dedicate a percentage of their time to R&D activity, and we provide a supportive and flexible working environment for our team of the brightest and best developers, testers, business analysts and project managers.
- Design, implementation, test, and maintenance of firmware on telematics products
- Contribute to major component selection on new products
- Designing, developing, coding, testing and debugging system software
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Interface with Hardware Design & Development
- Provide postproduction support
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Work with mobile and cloud developers to create complex products that span multiple technologies and platforms
Desired Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of FW development experience in C or C++
- BsC degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience developing production-quality firmware
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP Protocols, Interfaces & Hardware subsystems
- Comfortable reading schematics and datasheets
- Good problem-solving skills
- The ability to work both as part of a time and independently
- Ability and enthusiasm for learning new software development skills
- Object orientated languages such as; C++, C# & Python.
- Unit testing and continuous integration on embedded projects
- Hardware Design Experience
- Bluetooth Low Energy / GATT
- Modern encryption algorithms
- Knowledge of agile software development processes
- Experience of git-based version control systems
- Silicon Labs SoC
- NXP Arm Cortex-47